Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Dark Chocolate Hard Limit: 85%

So you know how "they" say dark chocolate is more satisfying/healthy/blah blah?

I typically do prefer a dark chocolate, and being a baker, I'm no stranger to the range of semi-sweet to bittersweet to unsweetened, but I've never really bought such chocolate just to "have".

So I decided to call the bluff one craving day at CVS, and bought a Lindt 85% Cocoa bar.

Let me just say... wow, this is intense chocolate flavor, and it is not very sweet at all.  To be honest, I think the aroma is the main attraction: I would have to say, it is definitely healthier than the much-loved American Milk Chocolate, but probably only because I would never WANT more than 1-2 squares at any one time.

As a person who thinks she likes dark chocolate, I might have found my hard limit for just snacking purposes. Maybe 75% would be better.

Although, if this sounds like I don't like the Lindt 85% Cacao bar - you'd be mistaken.  Just try to take the remainder of the bar out of my [secret-chocolate-work-hideaway]!

I just consider this a Public Service Announcement to be taken as you will.  :-)

Carry on, chocolate lovers, carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Thanks for reading!