Pages

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Happy Mom?

This lady has a point -- worth a read: http://www.kludgymom.com/happy-mom/

The short of it: Is Hating Motherhood "the new black"?

Especially after a long day of work, cleaning up some kind of dog/kid mess of horror, followed by tantrums over which color plate someone *needs*, and episodes of "He said my room is HIS room now! "... I do enjoy some snarky "Mommy Blog" humor. And I laugh at many a Someecard about Wine. 

But this lady has a point I've often thought myself: What's the actual price of so much negativity? I chose to be a mom, and while complaining can be theraputic, it can paint the wrong picture: I am actually blessed and very happy to be a mother. And I know how many women would give everything to be one; my body struggled greatly with this feat, too. Never a day goes by that my world is not fuller, brighter, full of wonder or more excitement -- thanks to my little Marissa and Caden. And while I *still* would recommend not rushing into this life stage, I would never choose differently, than to end up right here as "Mom" to someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Thanks for reading!