Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

We Love Dancing - This Week!

 So... I know everyone was wondering after last time... how did she do at dance class this last week?

It was a little bit of a rocky start leading up to just getting there.

"Time to get ready, it's almost time for dance class!" I said, after talking it up all week.

"OK!" she chirped.

Despite her seemingly agreeable response, the fairly typical battle about getting ready ensues. No, she doesn't want to use the potty first. No, she doesn't want to get her clothes on. Fifteen minutes later, OK, she is pottied and clothes are on, now she needs to lay on top of the dog instead of putting shoes on. Why can't she wants wear her dress-up crown? No! She will only sit in her brother's car seat. OK, OK...



In the car -finally- and driving past the 3rd house down the road from ours, she suddenly says urgently, "Mommy, I have to go potty!"

Back we go to the house. I can't help myself from commenting on what a non-event this return potty trip ended up being for. "Challenging" doesn't begin to describe it, some days!

We finally make it to the dance studio about two minutes late- thankfully she puts her shoes on and runs right in, instead of clinging (which I originally had tried to alot time for).

This week, she again is the star of the class! Pointing her little toes, kicking here and there upon request, moving her arms semi-gracefully, showing those other girls how to do a "real" somersault and roll during floor mat exercises, tapping like a furious hammer during tap dance session, skipping around gleefully and posing in front of the mirror wall whenever there was down time, running over to "help" start the music again when the teacher paused it momentarily for instruction...

I had one parent ask me, "Is that the same kid who was here last week?" Yeah.

After the class, I asked my daughter, "Did you have a great time? You did so wonderfully, I'm so proud!"

"Yes! I got a blue lollypop!" she beamed.

So! I hope she remembers having a great time and wants to go back this next week... I mean, they'll have lollypops, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Thanks for reading!